Anyone else in Oregon advised by your tax preparer to wait a little while before filing this year?

My DH's friend said that his tax preparer is advising everyone in Oregon to wait a little while to file for the state of Oregon because of some kind of problem with Oregon. DH and his friend aren't sure what ht problem is. Anyone else hear anything about this?? What's it all about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I know that the IRS won't be prepared to accept itemized tax forms until Feb 14. Are you sure it is specifically in Oregon and not the federal tax forms?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was going to say the same things as the person above. No where are you able to file an itemized return yet so that might be what they are talking about.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If it is the federal forms, the problem is that Congress didn't pass the 2010 tax laws until near the end of December which didn't give the IRS a whole lot of time to prepare.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hmm, maybe he heard "Oregon" but really it was the things you guys said. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes I know we live in Texas and filed 2 wks ago and was told to wait...and as we wait the CPA will give us a call and on top of that we have to wait 7-14 days from then and then we should be receiving our check :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011