Getting the IUD tomorrow.......

Does it hurt?? Anything I should know?

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 7:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have had the iud twice now. the first time it was placed slightly too high and was quite uncomfortable. had it removed and another inserted. this one has been in for 3 yrs and dont feel a thing. while they put it in you will have a little bit of cramping feeling but no worse than menstral cramps. once its in thats it. you shouldnt feel a thing! if for some reason it does hurt when you stand, sit, or twist...go see your doc. i am in every 6 months just to make sure its in place but have never actually had a problem with it... im just peranoid and dont want the 1/10000 to be me... lol. no worries you will be fine!!!
    rms7

Answer by rms7 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I had the mirena IUD and I just got it taken out a month ago. I do not recomend it, I had a lot of side effects from it. It does hurt when they put it in very badly atleast it did for me, I'm so glad to finally be rid of it
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• it hurt when getting it. they have to dilate your cervix clamp it and put it in. they are literally making you have contractions so it felt like iw as in labor.

iafter it was in it was fine for about 1 1/2 yrs but reently its hurting when my insurance is good im getting it removed. it pokes my mans member alot and i can feel stabbing often when coughing sneezing laughing etc. i hate it
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I had slight cramping for a day or so after they put it in. After that I was good to go. No other side effects and no period until I got it out. I am going to get another one put in in the next month or so.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oh, make sure they cut the string pretty short or it will poke your man. My ex complained about it a couple of times.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• the stabbing i have to my man isnt beacuse of the strings, i mean it is but its different. it drew blood to him. it disgusts me and i hate it LMAO

hopefulyl it works for you though my sister has had it for almost 4 years and loves it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I hope you're not getting Mirena! There is more than one IUD, just so you know. Like Liz, I had countless side effects - but I had that piece of crap for 3 years. I switched to Paragard - it lasts 10 years, has no hormones, and minimal to no side effects (aside from a slightly heavier period in SOME females - not me, though).

But to answer your question..it does hurt a bit, but not much. If you're getting the Mirena, I hope you don't go through what I, and so many others, went through. It's super common to have side effects, and BAD ones. Those who don't are lucky.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• <----MIRENA
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have Mirena. It only hurt when she numbed my cervix, then I had cramping and bleeding for a few days. I have not had side effects, other than a little weight gain. I love it. I ahve nothing to worry about. I liked the idea of Paragard, but it is made out of copper. I am allergic to copper, and it would not be a nice thing to have inside.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i got the paragard and it hurt a lil bit like cramps and i have had no problems i love it { no hormones }:]
    ashant2330

Answer by ashant2330 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011