SAHM: What does your average day look like?

1 child, 1yr
i can't get anything done unless he is sleeping. i tried to fold laundry today and he unfolded it!!!

How do you do it? AND how many kids and what are there ages?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• 2 am bottle then 3 am sleeping 6 am bottle 7 am sleeping 8 am we start our day lots of laughs and yelling and giggles till 11 am when i give her baby food which is a challenge and a bigg mess which leads to a warm bath by 12 she is sleep till 3 and in between that time i clean cook shower and even take a 30min nap 3 pm feeding time bottle again 4 pm tummy time more funny screams and giggle 5 feeding time 7 getting ready for the night with a bottle with cereal and she fights her sleeping time for 40 min so she goes down bye 8 45 pm until 2 am and the cycle continues and bye the way my little angel is 3 months old
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It was like that for me for the first 2 yrs, lol. My son is now 4, so I can do a lot more with him around! But he still likes to crawl on all my folded laundry. He actually helps me put dishes in the diswasher now, so that is nice. And when I wash dishes he likes to help rinse them (non-breakable anyway). You could try and fold laundry in your room, on your bed. And leave your child on the floor with some toys?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have a 1 y/o (22 mo) and a 5 year old. My typical day consists of: Wake up, get online check email, work on playgroup stuff, etc... When the boys wake up I make breakfast, get laundry started and dishes going. The boy splay outside or in their room while I do any cleaning that needs done until lunch. Then, 12:30 drop off the older one at pre-k and head off to a playdate or to run errands with the younger one. 3:30 pick up older son, go home and fold laundry or get dinner started while the boys play.

When my younger son is being especially needy and won't let me do anything I put him in the ergo. You might try giving him something to do with you... socks to "fold" or pot and spoon to bang on, etc...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I only fold laundry when my dh is home. I too learned it is a losing battle with small ones and fun piles of laundry.

I have three kids. Ages 11, 4 and 3. They are all finally at ages they can play by themselves for a few minutes so I can get things done. But most of the day is spent entertaining them, feeding, cleaning. We go for walks and story time at the library, play with playdough and such.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, 4 1/2 and 6 months). I don't do much. Depends on my energy and how much sleep I got the night before (I have insomnia).
    The older 4 kids get themselves up in the morning and the older 3 leave for school at 8am (whether I'm up or not). I get up usually around 7:30 just to make sure. Hubby gets up around 8:30am with the baby who has his bottle and gets changed. Then we just do whatever until lunch. I load the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen. The 4yo watches Tv and plays with the baby. Lunch at 11am. Kids get home at 4pm, then homework while I cook dinner which is at 5pm. Bedtime at 8pm.
    I clean when I feel like it, do laundry when I feel like it (or we run out of clean clothes). I only fold for me, hubby and the baby (other kids do their own).
    I don't entertain my kids. Even the baby plays by himself on the floor most of the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Do all of that stuff you normally do, just add 3 more kids to the list. However, my ordinary day is not ordinary. Every day is different, and crazy. But I love it!!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have 5 kids - 13, 11, 9, 2 and 6 months. The older 3 are in school most days, so I pretty much play with the little ones most of the day. I usually put supper in the crockpot in the mornings while my 6 month old is sleeping, and I do a little housecleaning here and there, but my husband knows that I'm a SAHM and not a housekeeper. The 2 year old and 6 month old both nap in the afternoon, so unless I'm just worn out and decided to take a nap myself (I have some health issues) I get a lot of stuff done then. My husband is just happy the kids are happy and he helps me out with the cleaning at night and on weekends.
    Most days I plan an least one outing - to the library, playground or at least a store to get my 2 year old, and myself!, out of the house.

Answer by missanc at 9:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have a two year old and a one year old.
    I prefer to do chores when they're sleeping so that I don't have to stop to reprimand them or to get them something. When I start cleaning I like to continue at a certain pace until it's done. However, if I decide to do something while they're awake then I make sure that they're occupied. Specifically after a meal and they get their sippy cups I turn on their favorite movie/TV show. Then I go and do what I need to do while periodically checking in on them. I dont' have an issue with them bothering me while I'm folding laundry. It's when my son gets bored or is in the middle of a fit that he decides to dump the clothes on the floor. OR if he sees a article of clothing with Thomas on it.. Either way .. I let the kids have the run of the play room, living/dinning room for the day and do what I need to when they nap. Or when DH gets home and can watch them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2011