IDK what to do....

My son will be 3 in March and the last few days he has eaten hardly anything. I made spaghetti 2 days ago and he ate a little bit and then he wanted fruit. Last night I made him a grilled cheese and he ate about half and then wanted fruit. Tonight I warmed up some left over spaghetti and he refused to eat it and said he wanted "chippies" so I made him a peanut butter sandwich and gave him a few chips and he ate the chips and then wanted fruit! He just wont eat anything substantial and it worries me. Any ideas??

(He used to eat pretty much anything I put in front of him)

Also lately he like to take whatever he is drinking and then spit in into things. Like a truck, on a plate. Whats up with this???

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldnt be a short hand cook.

if he wont eat what is given then he wont eat. hell eventually learn that you cook what mommy makes and thats all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i mean that you EAT what mommy makes
    MomNbabyGirl009

• What is up with it?
    The answer is that he is almost three and is asserting his independence and his boundaries. Just be firm about telling him 'no, we don't do that.'
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Call dr.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I agree with the PP. My son is going through this stage too. He just turned 3 in December. :) Like PP said, just keep saying no and being firm. He will eventually get it.
    mrsjksimmons

Answer by mrsjksimmons at 8:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's perfectly normal. He's eating enough for him. Keep giving him fruit and small amounts of protein. He'll be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't cater to him I would make him eat what you make. Other than that I would just say that he is going through a phase where he is not eating that much, I wouldn't really worry.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I just wouldn't make a lot while he's doing this. I agree with mompam, he's fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i offer what i offer and if they dont eat it too bad. when its snack time they get what i offered for the meal if they didnt eat it. if they still dont eat it then they get nothing., dont make a big fuss about it tho. simply say here is supper...if they dont eat it then ok... when its snack time simply say... here is your snack today... if they still dont eat it then ok. hope tomorrow will be better. it will get better soon because no kid wants to miss out on snack time!
    rms7

Answer by rms7 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Three is rough..We have a rule at my house my kids can eat what I make or have cereal. So there is still a small choice and I'm not trying to please everyone. He is at a pretty normal age to be picky. My sisters son once had ham sandwiches and green beans for 2 weeks straight then one day just stopped..
    katey1211

Answer by katey1211 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011