Going to talk to a mortgage broker tomorrow, what do I need to know/take?

We are looking into buying our first house, and dealing with this kind of financial stuff always makes me nervous (like sick to my stomach nervous). So I was just wondering what kind of advice you have? Thanks loves!

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 8:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Bring along your last 30 days pay stubs, last 2 years w-2s, last 2 years tax returns if you have any income reported as self employed, social security, pension, or business income, your last 2 months bank statements. They will check your credit while you are there and let you know based on all of this information which programs are available to you and the amount you can borrow. It doesn't mean you need to borrow that much but they will tell you the most so you know what guideline you need to stay within. If you would like to stay within a certain payment amount let them know and they can tell you how much you can purchase for based on the program you want to do.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Bring proof of annual income, maybe bank statements, and any outside income aside from career that you recieve. They're going to need to know how much money you bring into the home. They'll check your credit for you. You might need proof of any assest that you have. Whether it's two cars, a boat, a vacation home.. (For example) if there are any as well. I'm not quite sure on that one though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• They are going to ask about all your debt. They need to know your annual income.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would call the office and ask them what you need to bring. That way, you'll be sure to bring everything with you that they need and won't bring along anything you don't.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2011