I just crave.....

attention sometimes. My SO works 2nd shift so it's always just my son and I alone at home and I'm just always so lonely. I crave adult interaction and attention. It's winter here in WI so there's not a whole lot to do this time of year. My GFs all either work all the time or don't have kids and don't enjoy being around kids all the time. I just feel so alone and so bored. I try activities with my son and just different things to take my mind places to pass the time, but I find that I just end up watching tv or something mindless. Do any other stay-at-home moms feel like this?? What do you do??

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• You must have some adult interaction. Maybe join a moms club or some other club you are interested in. Or just spend more time on CM!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I find myself on here all the time..it helps but still not the same.
    XaviersMama311

Comment by XaviersMama311 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. Now I have a spin off question to ask everyone.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It is soo easy to feel like that as a SAHM. I feel like that and DH is home by 6:00 (usually) every night. It's just not enough sometimes to interact with JUST him. I love him and he's great company, but honestly sometimes I need someone other then family to talk to. With that said, I think you should see about getting involved in a "Mommy and Me" group. Something where you can interact with other moms and meet new people. It might be good for you and might be good for your kiddo to interact with kids his age.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Try a play group, or mommy and me group, or a book club??
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was a SAHM for the first 2 1/2 years of my first son's life. I joined a couple mom groups, took him to "school," Gymboree, etc.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011