Has anyone gotten a negative pregnacy test after a missed period then gotten a positive weeks later?

My period is 4 days late and I took a pregnancy test and it was neg. So has anyone had to wait untill they were a lot further along untill they got a positive? We are not ttc so im not late because im worried about trying, and no extra stress either

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes is the answer to that question it is usually depending and the test you buy but one main factor is your hormone levels it happened to me a few times but i took a test whilst pregnant and they told me i wasnt pregnant so just be careful and go to your local doctor and find out if you are pregnant, you can also get your period whilst pregnant so dont depend on that either.........
    sha20

Answer by sha20 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i did 15 test from june 06 till oct 06 and every one till oct 06 was neg but then i got a postive in oct. and i found out it was 5 months
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes. It is cuz your HCG levels are not high enough to be picked up by the test. Blood tests can always tell sooner than a pee test.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I didn't get a positive until I was about 6 weeks past conception (about 4 past my period, right before it would have been due again). Some people can get a positive early and some can't.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My sis took one at 6 weeks and got a neg after missing her period and then another 5 weeks later and got a positive. Took her 11 weeks before she knew.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011