Adult time? Sure I would love some!!!

So my mom calls tonight and talks to dh. I ask him what's up. He says my parents want to take me out and have him watch the kids. It has been well over a year since I have been out without my kids. So they come to get me and we drive to the restaurant. Who is there? Two of my sisters with their 3 kids. Two 1 yr olds and a 7 yr old. WTW??? I thought I was getting adult time. I love my nieces and nephew but if I wanted a sippy cup thrown at me and a kid grabbing food from my plate I could have stayed home. Would you have been upset?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 9:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes i would have been pissed
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes I would have...when I want "no kids" time...it means just that...NO KIDS lol
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It seems like they might have invited everyone and DH just didn't want to go? From what i read here, he didn't say they were taking you out for adult time. He just said they were takin you out and he was goin to stay home with the lo's. But yes, when promised adult time, I want some adult time. Im sorry that happened.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My mom never calls to talk to dh that's how I knew something was up. Even on the way there they were going on about how they were giving me adult time. I was pretty excited to have adult conversation and peace while eating a meal.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes but, my mom makes it very clear that when she invites just ADULTS, children are not welcome.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• who is the boss...Who is gonna be boss when they are 6, 8, 10...TEENS? Have you ever heard of inforced disclipine? NEVER EXPLAIN YOURSELF! NEVER SCREAM...they don't hear screaming...Touch them...not to hurt them, but to get their attention, and make sure they look u in your eyes. Much better than screaming. Strong simple words.
    BeckyBanagis

Answer by BeckyBanagis at 9:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Don't ever overuse anything, and if u are strong talking w/hubby, same thimg. Ya gotta stand up and be a person who demands respect.
    BeckyBanagis

Answer by BeckyBanagis at 9:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yea, that would've been very disheartening. It would've ruined the experience for me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Talk to your parents, and ask them to try again, just the 3 of you.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would have called my DH and told him to bring the kids and we'd all have dinner out. Telling your DH they wanted to take you out for adult time and then your sisters show up with their kids doesn't seem right at all.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011