baby fever... but not ready for another one yet!

Ok so hubby and I got pregnant when I was 21, it was unplanned but things worked out great and our beautiful son is 18 months old. The last few weeks I've been thinking about having another one and having dreams as well. Right now we just aren't ready though. We are still saving for a house and I know hubby will probably never be ready for another one lol. Our plan is to have another when our boy is out of diapers (between 3 and 5 years old). Does this feeling pass? I'm hoping a family member or someone close to me will have a baby so I can get my baby fix... if my husband knew I was having these thoughts he nay have a nervous breakdown...

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• It will pass, focus on your DS for now. You could go to the local hospital and volunteer in the nursery. They always need great volunteers to hold babies. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It will probably come and go if you're like me. I know how you feel. I had DD right before I turned 19 and we weren't ready at all for her (we were only married 3 months when we found out I was pregnant). I know we won't be in any kind of situation to have another baby for at least another 3-5 years (DD's 2 now), but I get baby fever ALL the time! It's sooo frustrating. I hope it passes for you soon!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• lol i coulda sworn when i was reading your post i thought i had wrote it unconciously haha..your not alone
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 9:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I AM GOING THRU THE SAME THING EVEN WENT TO OBGYN TO GET A TEST
    2ndiapers

Answer by 2ndiapers at 9:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i did that too, it did pass. now my son is four and we are trying for #2 but i don't know if i really want to go through the diapers thing again. i figure if it does happen then i wont mind it ya know
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i dont think someone close to yhou having a baby will help... it makes me want another of my own even more!!!!
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011