Hubby's mad....

My dh is mad because my ten 10 old wanted to get her hair cut. So I took her and got it cut. He is acting like a 2 year old. Even sleeping on the couch over it. Anyone else have a baby for a husband?

arenad

Asked by arenad at 9:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you chop it all off and does she look like a boy now? Tell him hair grows back, it always has and always will
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That is about the silliest thing I have heard today.... WTH, it is your daughter's hair, why not let her wear it the way she wants? As far as sleeping on the couch....let him, enjoy the extra space in the bed.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Haircuts are a sensitive topic around here as well. We have many heated "discussions" about our boys hair and we have to agree before anybody gets a cut. Sleeping on the couch is a bit extreme though....
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's short, but it's a cute girl cut
    arenad

Comment by arenad (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• lol nope, sorry you are going through that. We have a 5 year old daughter, who wanted her hair cut off at the beginning of the school year, so we gave her a magazine she picked what she wanted and off we all went as a family to get it done. It's their body and I would rather a hair cut then something else. Good luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• He is Sampson and you took his strength when you had her hair cut.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband doesn't make a big deal about haircuts.

Did she get a pixie cut?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• He's being a dork. Havbing said that. Men are dorks when it comes to little girls hair. I cut 9 inches of damage off my granddaughters hair (it was still past her shoulders) and he had a conniption. If he wanted to sleep on the couch...let him. In the big scheme of things it is nothing. Hair grows back. It isn't like I (or you) took her down for an eyebrow pierce or something.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That's a bit of an extreme reaction.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband is like that. Not by the reaction but he hates when I cut my daughters' hair. He doesn't act like a baby but he just wants to feel like he has some say so. I don't think its as much about the hair as it is about you making a decision that he might felt he should have been consulted on. Just talk about it and he needs to acknowledge he is being a baby. And you need to make him feel like he has some say so about what goes on with his daughter. To you and us it might be something little. But find out from him why he is reacting the way he is.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011