Co Worker issue adult content

I started this new job in NYC about a year ago, I had a fling with a younger co worker, it lasted about 4 or 5 months and that was it. Two weeks ago somebody sent an email, of me through the office. It was inapproriate, (it was a pic of my thong peeking out while I was bending over, taken with a cellphone,)I dont knwo who started it and it wasnt the end of the world so I didnt care, I really didnt want anyone to get fired I work with a majority of guys mostly 20's and 30's. The guy I had a sexy fling with, quit and right before he did he sent company wide pics of me from our vacation, really inapproriate, now most of the guys have seen these sexy pics I took for this guy on our romantic getaway. We also filmed a few of our love making sessions, I am very worried and dont know what to do. He just quit so theres nothing I can do to him. Someone please help!

MZcindyM

Asked by MZcindyM at 9:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Oh yes there is. IF you can prove it is him you can press charges and sue him for harassment and sue the company for not doing anything about you being expoited on the company email.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ask him for the videos back. if he doesn't give them to you and releases them without your permission you can sue him, but i don't know how much merit you will have in court bc of your wanting to make the videos in the first place. i would sue him right now though for putting your job in jeopardy by sending the innappropriate email (character defamation). you might get something. i would chalk it up to a lesson well-learned.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• And after you do that, stop doing things to get that kind of attention and it will stop. You are creating your own chaos
    Anonymous

• Its that against the law to do, because he did it without your permission. That's one reason why I don't deal with coworkers sexually. I'm sorry this asshole did this to you I would see what I could do legally about it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Ok anon like you haveNEVER taken sexy pics. Everyone has done it from time to time. Why dont you stop judging and be a little comforting.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That photo is called sexual harassment.  I would absolutely file a claim:  http://www.eeoc.gov/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sorry but I agree with the first anon. Although I feel bad for the OP, it wasn't smart. No, I've never taken sexy pics of myself nor do I film my dh and I having sex.
    Anonymous

• Hey all of you ANONS. Maybe you haven't taken sexy pics, but I'd be willing to guess that you didn't exercise perfect judgement every day of your life....the poster was honest about what she did and is asking for help. Get off your cross, bitches.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That is considered private information and he shouldn't be posting pictures of you like that. I mean, What are people going to think when they see you? Everybody has a privacy act of some sort on all web sites. The only thing you do know is that it has to be someone at work.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree with the anons. That doesn't help the OP in this situation, but our choices affect us and could have consequences. Maybe you, the OP, should go to your management about this? I don't know your company's policy on dating in the workplace, so that may backfire on you. Good luck.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011