new mom needs some help!

i need to know how much and of what should i be feeding my baby girl. she is 8 months and i'm not really sure if i'm feeding her enough. should she be on stage 3 foods? how much should she eat a day other then formula? please help.

kimmys312

Asked by kimmys312 at 3:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• By 8 months she should be eating solids 3 times a day. Normally she should be eating half a container to a whole container of food at each feeding, maybe even more im going by my DD. Read your childs actions. If she is diving for more food give it too her. If she is turning her head away, or trying to play, or becoming fussy she is probably full. Learn to read her and it might make it easier. And If she has teeth stage 3 might not be a bad idea, my DD is 9 months and the doctor told us to start introducing table foods. Also you can try baby juice or juicy juice at this point, just put it in the sippy. ONLY 4 OUNCES A DAY. If you still have more question call the doctor, and they can steer you in the best direction. Hope this helps!
    LunarEclipse

Answer by LunarEclipse at 3:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My DD is 7 1/2 mo and eats 1 serving of veggies (about 1/4 cup) 1 serving of fruit and 1/2 cup of cereal every day + about 30 oz of forumula....hope that helps.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My 8 month old is still pretty much exclusively breastfed. Follow your baby's cues. We tried the purees with her, but she wasn't interested. She likes to self feed now, she we just give her a little of whatever we are eating. And she likes the Gerber puffs.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• At 8 mos my son was nursing on demand, and eating a small serving of purred food every other day or so.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• to answer the baby food thing if you have to mix the stage 2 foods with cereal because it's not thick enough for your daughter then you can give her stage 3. My daughter will be 1 on saturday and she's been on stage 3 ever since she was 7 months. One thing I notested with the stage 3 is that some of the vegetables are cut up instead of pureed. so all depends on if she eats a lot or just a little.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My son is 8 months old. He is a good height and weight. When he wakes up in the morning he drinks 6 ounces of formula. at 7:30 he has about 6 formula scoops of baby oatmeal. 9:30 6 ounces of formula, 11:30 stage 2 veggie and a little rice, 1:30 formula 3:30 stage 2 fruit (whole on both)and baby snack, 5:30 formula 7:30 stage 3 dinner. hope that helps
    HesMyLife22508

Answer by HesMyLife22508 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008