I feel so restricted and controlled with money am I being a drama queen?

Our family is expanding I am about to have our third child. Husban leaves overseas because of work and he has to make expenses ( food, light internet ). I am used to be able to spend money or go where ever I want to go .My husband and I got into it because he says I spend too much money and because I have no idea how much I spend so he pretty much restricted me to 780 every 15 days. I have to buy food pay for gas buy diapers pay my cell phone bill and also pay for my daugthers dance classes that cost me 240 everymonth . My car spends about 60 dollars of gas per week .
I never felt so restricted I have to pay my mom give her 100 a week for helping me clean and take care of kids she lives with me.

I have very little money left after all that gets taken out am I been a cry baby ? am I just not managing my money right could a woman afford to live with 780 dollars every 15 days and buy groceris gas pay cell phone pay mom 100 a week and dance classes 240 a month for my daugther diapers for my toddler milk ...and have some left to spend on herself?? Can somebody gives me some words of wisdom. I have no money to go out on a movie or have fun weekend with my kids is my husband been fair is he controlling me>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• can you cut back on the cell at all? Is it possible to ride public transportation some of the time? Switch to a cheaper formula? That dance is a huge chunk too but I can see why you'd want to keep your daughter in class. It's a little tight but you can manage it. Just shave off a little here and there.
    Anonymous

• That is how much my whole family has to live on and we have rent, car payments, blah blah and we make it just fine.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would start charging your mother rent!! You should not be paying her to help clean if she lives there too!!
    I only get $800 every 30 days... that's 200/week for food (family of 4), gas, household stuff, etc... I would be living large if I got what you do... which is twice as much as I am running this house on!!! I don't get any $$ to spend on me.. not if we want to eat!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You can't live on $1,560 a month? That's more than some families entire salaries. Yes, your husband is retricting you in a way, but I think he did it to teach you how to budget your money when he's not there, not to punish you. Sorry, but I'm taking his side on this one. It does sound like you spend way too much money and have no idea how much you're spending or even how to budget.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I am right there with Crafty26 we get 971 a month and we pay 775 in rent we have 255 car payment, 100 insurance, smud 130 every month . Add that up and thats more then we bring in its hard and I have been looking for a job for months so i would be greatful livin with what u get . I would also have your mom help with bills not pay her for nothing. She is your mother and thats what family is for. I hope you can see how good you got it and just appreciate it. God Bless
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 1:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes, you are being a princess.
    Anonymous

• wow i wish i could afford 780 every 15 days . I think for one month u should write down every thing u pay inculding fast food (if u get any) lil things u buy and see how much money u spend . I have a family of 4 and that about how much we have for a month that pays our morage, pge water garbage food ect. So i think u might be a lil bit drama about it, and i dont think ur husbands trying to control u i just think hes really trying to show u and teach u about ur expensive. this way is probably a good way i force to to look at how much u r and can spend
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• There are people who support families on what your are getting, and you are not paying mortgage/rent or taxes.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• well I am sorry I wasn't trying to make you all feel bad or anythig thanks you all for your response

I see the light
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011