Closing daycare - What toys to keep?

Alright, the title pretty much says it all. I am closing my daycare and getting rid of the majority of the toys in the playroom. I have my own two boys, almost 4 and a 16 month old, and will be watching just a 3 year old a few times a week (he and my oldest son became really good friends).

So, I am wondering what toys I should keep for the boys and not get rid of. We have almost every toy you can imagine, so as you can guess, I plan on getting rid of a lot! But I obviously want the boys to still have their favorite toys, and other things we can keep in the new, smaller playroom.

Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ask your older child to help. Have the toys you know he won't want already packed up, and when you are ready, tell him he can pick __ Amount of toys. Be sure to stick to it. I started this with my daughter when she was 1, and now she's more than eager to donate. Also be sure to pick out a few things that are individual toys, and group toys, like trucks, blocks, stuff like that. Good luck!!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011