Anyone TTC first child after an abortion adult content

I had an abortion in '99 and now I am married and want a baby with my husband. Im worried the abortion hurts my chances but the doctor said she thinks Im ok. anybody have any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• well if the doc thinks it ok then u should be fine , it takes time to get pregnant , i have 2 childern but i never had an abortion . one of my firends did probably 7-8 years ago and she just had her first baby . But i also have a cousin who now cant have a baby cuz of the scarring from the abortion . GL baby dust
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• As disgusting as I find killing an unborn baby I will tell you that my sister has had two. Then she concieved twins naturally. A boy and a girl.

She miscarried them at 18 weeks. They are unsure if the miscarriage was related to the previous abortions but there is speculation because they believe there is some damage to her cervix and lower uterus from the abortion.

That doesn't mean you will miscarry though and it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.

Good luck I guess...I hope this baby is more important than the last. :-/
    Anonymous

• I don't personally but I know as long as it was done correctly and you aren't using it as birth control you should be fine.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My sister had both of her kids just fine after hers... it had been about 10 years I think.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 10:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It depends on the type of abortion you had. If anything went into the cervix scarring is a concern sometimes. It's unlikely, though. Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i think that after 12 years you should be fine, how far along were you when you aborted, the earlier you did it the less damage there is to your body. besides, you never know until you try
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• you should be fine. i had a gorgeous little lady five years after an abortion and everything went well. good luck :)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 3:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think it's really interesting that the person who wants to be all judgmental had to do it anonymously. I bet she'd be surprised to know that I am actually pro-life too and that since the abortion I had over a decade ago I've become very involved in helping women who are either in the process of making/avoiding that decision or are in recovery from having done so.

Many women regret abortions - and many of them are performed on young girls and women at the insistence of every authority figure that they know and trust.

It really saddens me when someone who is trying to come out of that darkness is continually pushed back into it by the cruelty of people who fail to take the time to understand and love their fellow man - especially the ones who claim they are Christian. Christ would be ashamed!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2011