Keep your unborn baby's name a secret or share?

captainlove

Asked by captainlove at 10:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have always shared the names. My friend has always kept them secret.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• why keep it a secert??SHARE!:)
    jess0403

Answer by jess0403 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thats a toughy because people like to STEAL names. I kept my secret until RIGHT before I had them. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I keep it a secert for a while then share at or around the Baby Shower
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We had INTENDED to only tell a few people, my sister and his mom. We went today and I am apparently incapable of keeping secrets so everyone knows now. BTW, I'm having a girl and her name is Natalie, lol.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 10:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have a friend who told everyone it was a girl but wouldn't tell anyone the name
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I found that if you're going to share be ready for all kinds of negative criticism. For every nice thing someone has to say they have 2 or 3 mean or negative things to say. We are telling some close friends and relatives our "choices" but not our final decision until it is on the birth cert!
    TheNuggetsMom

Answer by TheNuggetsMom at 10:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I shared them, but some people had family members who griped about every choice they made, so they kept it secret until the end.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We decided to keep it a secret for multiple reasons:

(1) In case we changed our minds when we saw him, we would be the only ones attached to the name
    (2) We had a few VERY opinionated relatives who liked to spend a lot of time talking about what names they DON'T like rather than which names they do like (when we gave everyone an opportunity to make suggestions)
    (3) I've known at least two people who had their names taken by a relative or close friend, so I wanted to reduce the chance of that happening--or at least if it happened I would know it wasn't intentional.
    (4) It drives people CRAZY to not know! So, that's fun. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• cont'd

and

(5) People are less likely to criticize a name if it's already attached to the baby.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011