cry it out?

At what age are you okay with letting a baby cry it out? such as if you put your baby to sleep in her crib awake and she starts to scream?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 10:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont honestly remember. whenever the child realizes crying get him his way .. like maybe 9 months ..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• At no age should they be left to scream. At 4 months or so you can let them whimper or fuss for a few min at a time still checking on them and reassuring them. Lay them down, let them fuss for 2-3 min go in and run their tummy/back and talk to them, then maybe wait 3-4 min and go in, no more than 10 min. And never allow them to get to the point of screaming.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Guess it depends on the age, are you just now trying to make them go to sleep by them self.........I know when I had my daughter she did not sleep in her own room until she was one, what a mistake the first night seemed like forever she was crying but as time went on it got shorter and shorter took about two weeks and from then on she went right to sleep. If nothing is wrong with the child, they are feed clean and happy just try and wait it out, you will have a much harder time listening to them cry, it tears your heart out, but the more you go in the room the longer it will lasts, I would check on them about every 3 mins if there is a way they cant see you. It's tough but fortunately you will be the only one hurting
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oh and never let them become to upset
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I never did that. It never felt right... And I've had no repercussions. She currently not only gets herself ready for bed, but with just a kiss from me, will go crawl into bed and go to sleep. She's 3 now, and an amazing child!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I dont remember what age I did it with my son, it was past one but that was just because he was an awesome sleeper before one. Same thing with my daughter I havent had to worry about it yet. She 6months. She sleeps great to. Have you tried getting your little on into a nighttime routine? It worked wonders for me. Best of luck!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i did with my oldest at about 7 months...my youngest about 5 months, kids do need to learn self comfort, u can still check on them to make sure that they r breathing or diaper change bottle etc but it is going to b hard at first there will b days where they will cry for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours but if their needs r met and they r still upset just let them cty it out that is all you can do sometimes.
    darthvaderzmom

Answer by darthvaderzmom at 11:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My son is 14 months but I can't see him cry for more than a few minutes. yesterday night he was in playful mood & was not ready to sleep,so I had to be with him till he was tired that is at 1 am ...do i need to say more
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm not okay with letting my daughter CIO, ever.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That's a hard one. I think it depends on the mother and the child. Not a standard age.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2011