Who is your biggest supporter when it comes to breastfeeding? Who's the least supportive?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my mom was the most supportive one for sure... at first my S.O hated it.. he thought it was gross..... but i whipped him into shape about it pretty fast lol men dont know what they are talking about lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My MIL & SIL were the least supportive! (bitches) My hubby was my rock!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my hubby was my biggest supporter! once i couldnt get her to latch right and had to start exclusively pumping my milk my mom started to support me! now that ive been pumping for a year my hubby would like me to stop but im not ready to yet! lol! my least supportive were the nurses in the hospital and the LC's i talked to! all of them told me i wouldnt last a month EP i had to get her to latch! well HA HA! ive made it a year and am still going!! :)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't really have anyone that isn't supportive. I have people that don't really care one way or the other, but no one I would say is unsupportive. My MIL and husband are probably the two most supportive, though. My mom and stepmom are both pretty supportive, too, but my MIL came out the first two weeks and was really helpful in getting us into our groove. She was active in the LLL back when my husband was a newborn so she helped a lot when my daughter was jaundiced. And she's supportive of delaying solids and extended breastfeeding.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My husband is the biggest supporter... everyone else is not supportive and I mean EVERYONE! Everywhere I went people would say horrible things or give bad looks (and I was ALWAYS covered). (when I was BF)

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My dh and my mil were by far my biggest supporters. No one was really unsupportive, no one else I knew ever breastfed except my mil. The rest of my family just says okay, do whatever you want.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My hubby was (and still is) my biggest supporter. MIL and even FIL turned their nose up at it. FIL tried to tell me that bf'ing in public places were illegal. Needless to say I'm uncomfortable nursing in their home and always have to go to another room.
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband was the biggest supporter. I was fortunate everyone in my family was supportive. If I had to pick someone who is not supportive, it would a fellow mom who bottle fed exclusively
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was my own supporter. My MIL supported my choices but she never did it so she really didnt have any support stories to tell me. My mom was the least supportive saying she didnt understand why i would want to do that. That she never wanted to.
    CaressaTiger

Answer by CaressaTiger at 11:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My mom was the most supportive. I can't think of anyone who was really unspportive. My hubby at the time could have cared less how I fed our child as long as I was the one doing it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2011