Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

if you owe back taxes and child support who gets the money first?

if you owe back taxes and child support because of a loss of income and now your working and your paying current amount with a tacked on back amount for CS every week. but they want your tax check who gets it first? I would be thinking CS to get it caught up then back taxes but i am not sure.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Back taxes get paid first, everything else gets paid after.

    Answer by kmath at 11:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

  • ALWAYS back taxes..the State and the Feds care more about what goes into the IRS than what goes to child Support..If there isnt enough to hand over to the CS..then it will just carry over into the next year

    Answer by SweetPoison at 11:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

  • Had the same thing here last year, they paid the back taxes first and I got the left over for child support it was not enough to pay what was owed so I will get some of it again this yr. But every state may vary

    Answer by buttonlts at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

Next question in Money & Work
Co Worker issue adult content

Next question overall (Entertainment)
what movie?