Who's going to be in the delivery room with you?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Had my daughter 17 yrs ago and it was my mom and husband but I swear I would have let an audience in just to get her out...............when the baby comes thats the least of your worries :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Both times it was just my husband, nurses and doctor. I would never let anyone else in the room. No thanks.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I didn't want anyone there except DH and the docs of course
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Doctors (think I had 3), nurses, my husband. At the first one, my mom was there any my best friend for a while. At the second, my husband kicked them out so it was just us. But the second one was an emergency situation.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

this, lmao..
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• With me, it was my so, my doc a nurse and a student nurse. i didnt want a whole bunch of people in there. I wish the student nurse wouldnt have been there BUT i look at it like she was getting experience for when she is in there with someone else. BUT i couldve done without my doc examining and pointing out different parts of the afterbirth. Uck.
    CaressaTiger

Answer by CaressaTiger at 11:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband at the time, my mom, my best friend, nurse, anesthesiologist, doc, students, I swear there was a party in there. Other people were in and out but honestly I didn't care who was in there with me.  I ended up having a C-section and my mom went in the OR with me. 

kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband, my friend who was there to take photos who is a doula, the midwife.

My labor was not a spectator sport. A lot of people asked to be there. I said no. I offered to let them watch the birth video, but they didn't want to watch it. I have no idea what that was about.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• DH... my doc, nurses, anesthesia, neonatologist, bunch of NICU people... was a zoo! Mom tried and got mad because she thought she had more right to be there than DH. Arguing that while being prepped for an emergency csection was not pleasant.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 1:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• When we had our DD, my mom, dad and SO were there. This time it will just be me and SO. In fact, we don't even want anyone to KNOW when we go to the hospital. We want a few hours alone with baby before anyone comes to see us.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2011