• In the Spotlight:

I think I am pregnant need advice.

I think I am pregnant. Have been so nauseous for a few days now.. My period is due next week... should I take or test? or am I over reacting ?OH yeah and I am on the pill! have messed up takiing it at the same time and have never skipped. Did anyone get a positive test right of the bat whist taking the birth control Pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant then you HCG levels MIGHT be high enough to show up on a test now but I would wait until after your missed period!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• thanks reason I asked about maybe taking a test is I have tested positive 3 days before a missed with my first. was wondering if that works the same even if I am taking the pill?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• The pill has No effect on a test. The test detects HCG-- that is made by the placenta (embryo in the early stages). there is no HCG in a BC pill.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Okay Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011