What if everytime you husband came home he would start looking around for things to straighten while still wearing his coat and dress clothes! My husband comes home and doesn't say anything but just starts looking around for something that wasn't done. Today he actually went out on the porch to sweep it. I feel very angry with him when he does this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• It wouldnt bother me unless he was trying to say, "Great, something else you didnt do today". Then I would be upset.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sounds like my kind of man! It would be better than a man coming home to chill on the couch to catch the latest scores on the football game.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• At least he is doing something instead of just telling u to do it.
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 11:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• WOW...I thought I was the only one on the planet dealing with that!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• well he does it in a mean way, like I didn't. do it The thing is I can have the place all clean and he will come in and re straighten things. It is maddening. He isn't doing it to help, because he never says a word to anyone, and kind of glears at you. He has told me often that he is the one to have to clean things, and it isn't even dirty. I think it is almost like OCD or something. I had to get rid of the tablecloth because everytime he came into the house the first thing he did was go over and move the cloth around on the table. Drove me batty, so I took it off.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• he´s not looking for it, he just sees it... ex hubby was like that... we would come home from vacation and he could tell the maid HAD come because "everything was messed up"... and he meant things like: the photographs on the table are not all perfectly aligned in the same exact angle. I didn´t even notice! but he did...does, still.. so if he gives me a photograph or photo album or ornament to look at while I´m in his apartment, I give it back to him rather than go through the futile exercise of trying to set it down in its exact original location.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That is like him,, he sees things all the time. I see you say ex husband, may I ask if it drove you away? He will go to people's houses and start straightening things, is is crazy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Can you send him over to my house? sorry, I know it's a serious question, but I couldn't help it. I have the opposite problem, my husband doesn't see the mess we create on a daily basis. My house always looks like a bomb (or 2 or 3 or 4) went off.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ex hubby came out of the closet. We are now just very good friends. DD is not his (God is wise and merciful!), but he loves her and she thinks of him as Uncle W. She knows we were married, and she knows things didn´t work out. SHe also knows Uncle W is not her dad.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• it really isn't as nice as you might think. People say oh I love if my husband cleaned..not. You actually feel like his employer and he expects things to be done to his expectations. If you don't do it right, you hear about it either by verbally yelling at me or by re doing the work I have done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011