cold feet and hands

Ok I know its 26 outside but for some reason my toes and feet will not get warm, when I go to bed at night they are so cold they ache almost feel like they will fall off. I have tried more blankets on my feet it is interrupting sleeping any advise

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 11:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I usually can't stand sleeping in socks, but sometimes I have to do it in the winter. I don't really like electric blankets or space heaters being on while I'm sleeping, but those are some other ideas depending on how you feel about them. Sometimes cold hands and feet are due to circulation issues, so exercise might help warm the body up. Exercising too close to bedtime, could affect sleep though. I often have cold hands and feet when my blood sugar is low (hypoglycemia), so keeping my blood sugar up in the normal range and reducing sugar intake helps me sometimes. Other possibilities are things like anemia or hypo-thyroidism, so if they are literally cold all the time you might want to mention it to your doctor just to rule out other problems. If it's just something that happens in the winter, hope it warms up soon!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You should mention that to your doctor, you make have a problem with your circulation.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 1:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2011