how can i get my 4 yr old to pee and poop in the bath room not on him he pees were needs too but its poop thing we can not get past??

please help us me and my hubby to be are gone nuts now!!

SuperStarrMiles

Asked by SuperStarrMiles at 11:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol, trust me - it will happen, and it will happen when you forget to stress about it!! I have 3 kids, they all successfully go on the potty - don't always remember to flush, but they go! Best thing you guys can do is back off, he's just not ready, just remember to reward big time for the days he does it. And by the time he is going on the potty, you'll have something else your trying to teach him to do! lol Ages and stages and phases.

JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 12:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My girl was the same way! She would freak out about pooping on the pot, and would hold out for a pull-up, it seemed to go on forever, cannot even recall when it stopped. Just stay calm and don't make a big deal out of it to him, I let her know she was in control and could decide when she wanted to, seemed like when I gave up trying so hard and stressing it just happened! Good luck!!
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 11:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• hey girly i tried everything being nice and all im goin nuts anyother ideas?
    SuperStarrMiles

Comment by SuperStarrMiles (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Bribery - I mean INCENTIVES, lol. Favorite place to go? Trip out for ice cream for going poop on the potty?
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 11:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• we done all that one night he went next he wont its killing meOMG lol
    SuperStarrMiles

Comment by SuperStarrMiles (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2011