I recently had a miscarriage and doing fine now but I can't decide if I really want another child or do I want one because of my miscarriage. I keep going back and forth. I'm so confused.

iBarbs

Asked by iBarbs at 11:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have another when its right for you. After our miscarriage we decided we didnt want to try again for a while then about 2 weeks later we decided we were really ready and wanted to start trying again! Best of luck and Im so sorry for your loss.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sometimes u just need sometime to decide. You will know when your ready, emotionally and physically, to start tryin again. Some people its right away..some people take years.

Good luck and sorry for ur loss
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Well if you have to ask, then you aren't ready. Take you time. Relax. When the time is right, you'll know and you won't be confused.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's COMPLETELY normal to feel this way after a miscarriage.

Most of the not wanting to try again right away comes from the anxiety of possibly having another miscarriage and the emotional mess that most women are in after a miscarriage.

I had a miscarriage exactly 4 weeks ago today. At first I didn't want to TTC again at all....EVER. Then a couple of days later I wanted to TTC right away. Then I was like "NO. The only way to prevent miscarriage is to not get pregnant!" and now I'm really wanting to TTC again immediately.

The back and forth is normal. I personally think if you KNOW that you want a child and think you can emotionally handle another pregnancy then you should go for it.

Most of the time stastics are in you favor. For example I've had two live birth and then a miscarriage so my risk of miscarriage is only 10% which is about the same as a women who's never had a miscarriage.

GOOD LUCK!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2011