Leaking some fluid... adult content

I don't know if it was discharge or amniotic fluid. But I leaked some fluid earlier, enough to change my underwear. It was clear, maybe a little white to it. And I have leaked a little more since then. If I go to the hospital to have them check me out, what are they going to do exactly?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? that will determine what they do I personally have never had that happen but gl hope all goes well
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think it's normal, during pregnancy your body produces more womanly "fluid" than when you are not. Especially since there isn't any blood discharge, I think it is fine. If you are worried, I would just give your ob/gyn a call in the morning. Or how far along are you? Are you due anytime soon?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'm 39 weeks. And no blood or any color in it.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• r u having contractions ?
    ashant2330

Answer by ashant2330 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• or ant type of discomfert
    ashant2330

Answer by ashant2330 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• no contractions that i can feel and not really uncomfortable.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'd honestly just wait it out, heavy discharge is very normal at this point in pregnancy. If it was your water they'd likely put you on pitocin to get labor started and then put you on the 24 hour clock. Just be on the safe side and keep everything out of your vagina, wipe front to back, and no baths. Women can go for days/weeks with their water leaking or being broke because amniotic fluid replenishes, so make sure you're drinking lots of water. Do keep an eye on your temperature, if you start to run a fever go to the hospital, it's unlikely though if you keep things, including gloved hands, out of you.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• White like a litle milky? If so then more likely discharge.

Wait and see how things go... Who knows.
    You might have to wait a week or two of trickling or gushing before labor starts, or it might stop/seal sometime. Or you could go into labor tomorrow.
    No need to rush off if things are fine~

If you suspect it might be AF, be sure NOTHING goes inside the vagina, though. Especially the Gloved Fingers.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2011