what can i do or say to make him shut his mouth and stop diciplining my child and keep his hands off him.

mother of a 11 month boy. live with my fionce and his parents. my sons g-pa has a bad temper &thinks he knows everything.had arguments about him spanking my son.1. he has spanked my son & left a hand print through his diaper. (got in ashtray),2 .yelled that he was going to spank him. i was standing there making a baba, he was tired. he was playing on his computer and got mad .i told my son to calm down, i am making a baba & he kept cryn, then he yelled at him gain. i said i can handle this, he said obviously not,i said he is tired . he got in my face , pressed his forhead against mine & threatened to strangle me. i tld him i would call the cops if he didnt get out of my face.i started to cry and quickly moved away, i grabed my son & headed for my bdr, we do pay rent.my fionce and i cant afford to move out on our own, i dont know what else to do. what can i do or say to make him shut his mouth and stop diciplining my child.

missmom1421

Asked by missmom1421 at 3:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take control of the situation and get out of it...a abusive house hold is no place for a baby! The father of the child should also say somthing to his father about whats going on....as stated above its your obligation to protect your child! I would have called the cops already!...I really hope you dont let this man babysit alone....and in response to "anonymous 4:11"..It may not be her household but it sure the hell is her child being put at risk how would you fell if the shoe was on the other foot and it was your child? I'm sure you wouldnt want him or her being abused in anyway....Sorry if thats a little forward but this area can get a little touchy...Moms get on here for advice..ENCOURAGING advice not to be bashed....once again sry if thats a little forward...
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 4:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If you don't like the answers, then don't ask the question. Control your kid or get a place of your own. You are in HIS home, he is not going to listen to what you say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• IT IS YOUR JOB TO PROTECT YOUR CHILD YOU NEED TO LEAVE THAT HOUSE GO STAY ANOTHER PLACE IF NOT HE WILL DO MORE IF IT IS HARD TO FIND A PLACE WITH ALL 3 OF YOU THEN YOU AND YOUR SON GO AND MAKE YOUR MAN STAY ! DO NOT PUT YOUR SON THRU THIS ANOTHER DAY IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY THEN YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN HIM ! I WOULD HAVE CALLED THE POLICE ON HIM THIS IS CHILD ABUSE !!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• this is horrible!! he is an abusive asshole!! I do agree that he will not listen to you so saying anything will do no good. You need to get out. Where is your family? Could you stay with a friend? Anything to get away from a man who actually got in your face and threatened you!!! My god, it is only a matter of time before he really hurts you or your little boy. Act quickly, girl.;l
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• move out apply for housing i'm sure they'll help u now if uyoure fionce doesnt defend u from his father than that means hes a woose asshole also and i recommend for u just to leave on your own away from that family, because your son is in danger and so are u.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Get out, and quickly. Period. He's a stubborn old bastard that doesn't need to be around you or your kid and you need to get away from him by whatever means possible.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 6:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I agree on the his house, sucks to be you. But WTF?! She is paying rent and who the hell is he to be hitting HER CHILD!!! Give the old SOB some laxatives, maybe he'll chit himself to death!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would leave even if that means in a shelter! That was wrong and to the other ANON411, she is an azz. Don't care who's home it is, you live there too and pay right. Just because you pay rent to them doesn't mean they have control over you or your 11 month old baby! Also they shouldn't be disciplining YOUR child! FK EM! I would have also called the cops the basTURD.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Get out quickly. An 11 month old should never, ever, be spanked. Maybe a little flick on the hand if he got into the ashtray. Handprint through a diaper is abuse. Babies die from abuse. People that angry and ignorant who would do this should not be allowed contact.
    GET OUT. Don't say you can't afford it. People do it all the time. If it ever happens again, you need to call the cops.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 8:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• GET OUT!! Anyway you can, there doesn't seem to be anything you can say to make him stop. Another option can be have your fiance say something, but as above,, it is his house his rules. I would get out, as fast as I could, there is no reason for an 11 month old to have a hand print on thier butt, that is basically abuse. And if it were me I wouldn't stand for it, I would have called the police right away. JMO
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 9:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2008