Anyone else read more than 1 book at a time?

Sometimes I'll have 3 or 4 going at once. I'll start something more technical, than want to read something lighter, then I get bored with that light book so I start another. I keep reading all b/c I don't like to quit a book.

JZ10FPM

Asked by JZ10FPM at 11:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• readingI've had up to five at a time. One for when I go to the pool. One for when I go to the laundryroom. One by the bed. One in the living room. One for when I travel. My sister doesn't understand how I can go back to each one and keep the stories straight!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• LOL! I do!... sometimes I have a book at the office (to read after lunch), something for the house and something "for waiting in line" (at the bank, doctors office, etc)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Lol, I am the same way. I almost always have at least two books going. I usually have a challenging one and then a lighter one. I have one for school and one for the house and usually I have one I keep in the bathroom. :)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• A friend of mine does this too! I don't know how people can do this...I would be so very confused.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am the same way at the moment I am reading 4 books and my mother says the same thing that she doesnt understand how i can do that lol but its pretty simple to me just keeps everything interesting
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I do! I love to read :-) I'll do this even if it's books I like, especially if they're really long or "intense" - I'll mix it up and take "breaks" from it with something more lighthearted. For example, I read "The Historian" - a really good but very intense and dark book about Dracula, but I would take a break from it for a day or two and read something short and lighthearted and fluffy.

I love reading though :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, I cannot concentrate and finish before starting another.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes-- I have a book going on my phone, my kindle, and a book on disc for the car. There are so many good stories out there!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I do, but most of the books I read are nonfiction. I usually read only one novel at a time, and have a couple of 'how to' or biographical books in progress as well.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011