Am I the only politically ignorant person out there?

I see posts in the Political and Current Events sections all the time, I find it immensely confusing, and often find myself asking who the heck is that? Where is that going on at? How do these people find stuff like that out? The only thing that stays consistent is that I seriously give myself a headache trying to figure it all out. I don't feel that I'm an idiot, I've lived a pretty eventful life, learned a lot of lessons.....am I the only one that feels like that? How worried should I be about politics and current events? (I'm all caught up on what's going on in my own little town, but government has always given me a headache)

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• your first line of question
    made me laugh out loud, and not too many laughs for me today... so thank you for that

was just telling my sister today, my life is filled with so many cartoons, barbies, legos, diapers etc
    i would not no idea if something huge happened, ...adult tv=what is that!
    newspaper, time to read it, do not get time to pee without interruption

i am with you, not because i am not interested, just some days are filled to brim with childhood things
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Politically challenged UNITE!
    Anonymous

• Lol! You know, politics really interest lots of people. They wanna know about their government, what's going on in the world, etc. I want to know what's going on in the world but overall, politics don't interest me in the slightest.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• lol i will be ignorant with you cause not a shred of it interest me either. i do want to know whats going on with the country i live in and the world but politics in general na i don't follow much
    elle71186

Answer by elle71186 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You're not alone mama, I know nothing as well and after seeing what goes down in the political section of this website, I'm happy not to know.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• no, you aren't. i would have to say I am politically ignorant too. I think I just live in my own little world, I guess I should care, but in politics there is too much mudslinging, lying going on for me to be too interested. I just wish they would learn to work together.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I love politics and feel I stay on top of it real well considering the fact that there are alot of politicians (some well known) on husbands side of the family. I stay away from the politics on cafemom because they're ruthless, however very bright ladies. They obviously spend alot of time watching the news and reading the paper, hats off to them. Sometimes keeping up with poltics in our city/state is enough to rattle the brain let alone thge country.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Ditto!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Don't feel bad, I don't keep up with the politics either, Every once in a while, I may read an article in the paper. I think that's why I don't really like to watch the news. I know we should be more involved, but I just don't choose to dedicate my life to it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I know who the President is....I try to at least know that! LOL
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 1:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2011