Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where do I go for help?

I am a single mother whom is on my last leg it seems. My health has been horible. I have three kids, one boy and two girls. Their ages are eight, three and a half and the youngest is twenty months old. My ex was charged with molesting a child when I was six or seven months pregnant with my youngest. So I moved to live near my parents and am curently under counseling. My electricity has no credit and will turn off soon. I moved here to Mesa Arizona about two months ago and even though my parents try to help, they are already diping into their retirement for me. If anyone can help me or even point me in the right direction I would apreciate it. My situation has become dire and I could very well end up on the streets.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • get on assistance. Go to DHS and fill out paperwork for Medicaid, food stamps, cash assistance and emergency relief for utility bills. It may take some time to see a caseworker but be sure to fill everything out COMPLETELY and that should speed things up. If you are comfortable with it, try talking to someone behind the counter the day you apply and just let them know you're desperate. They may be able to direct you to services that will help you immediately. Plus, there are women's shelters in most cities. I know it is not ideal but so much better than living on the streets. Could you live with your parents for awhile? I know you do not want to sponge off of them but it may help you get on your feet and earn some money (which you can share with them, too)
    Hope at least some of this helps.

    Answer by MammaMia72 at 4:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

  • not sure if u have one... but we have a crises center u can go to that will help u pay ur bills. also go to social services. they will have food stamps and medicaid cash assistants and untility help.. cash assistants will put u at poverty level.. (im on it) its not much but it helps...... also try section 8 to get housing.. or subidized housing..

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

  • united way offers help. call 211

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.