How do you get them to take a pacifier? adult content

So, I love my baby very much but, I really need her to stop using ME as a pacifier. She's stubborn. nothing I try will make her take a pacifier.. any suggestions?

Edit: she is 3 weeks old and 2 days.

tlcpetsitter360

Asked by tlcpetsitter360 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes they genuinely don't want the pacifier. My boys never took to it, for them if nothing came out of it, they didn't want it. Maybe you could try dipping it in something, like juice or applesauce. Something that'll be tasty and she'll want to suck on it.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 12:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• if she doesn't want a pacifier, then she's not gonna take it. seems like your real problem is to make her stop using you as a pacifier. I'd focus on that if I were you.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Try EVERY kind some are pricey but maybe you just have to find the right one. try the most natural ones first that have some to match best to a mother.
    although some babies just wont take one.
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 12:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You know I would just try a lot of different types of binkys, and see if she will take any of them. my daughter never took one. She just didnt want it! It was very frustrating but it will pass sooner than you think :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Some babies are just not pacifier babies. Both of my daughters wouldn't have anything to do with them, but loved to use me for suckling.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree with all the ladies. Some babies just will not take a pacifier. My DS never did. I bought all kinds of pacifiers and he never wanted one.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My daughter never took to it, and they gave it to her as soon as she was born! I think it helped her a lot not to have it. She is a lot more independant and happens to be a very happy baby. Its also better on their teeth.
    awomansword

Answer by awomansword at 12:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• how often does she feed cause it feels like my daughter does the same thing. there is one pacifier she does take and it's the only one it looks like your nipple and it's small so she won't choke on it like my daughter tends to do it even has ridges towards the end. pretty sure there made by playtex. but since she is only three weeks old if your breastfeeding her like your post portrays. you shouldn't give them a pacifier till there at least two months old some times they get confused.
    alibrezzy154

Answer by alibrezzy154 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my son HATED pacifiers, i thought he was the only baby in the world! i guess not! i went out and bought every brand on the shelf and tried every one, there was one he was impartial too, he didn't really take to it but he didn't spit it out when i gave it to him. then i made my decision that he was gonna take that when he DEF wasn't hungry and just wanted to suck..i just had to be consistent, there were some tears involved, but eventually he just took it and went right to sleep!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 8:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My 1st and 4th loved them, my 2nd and 5th used their fingers and wouldn't take a paci, my 3rd wouldn't use either. She was definitely the fussiest out of all 5 of them! Some babies just won't take them.

Answer by missanc at 9:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011