Woud you care if your SO/DH took a random fun trip away with friends?

My SO and I were just talking about his plans for this summer...he's a teacher, so will have several weeks off. He mentioned that him and his friend (who is married with kids) never got to do this Vegas trip they'd planned right before we got together. He's saying he probably won't go to Vegas anymore, but was wondering if I'd care if he went away with friend(s) for up to five days.

Of course initially I was somewhat irritated (okay, jealous) at the thought-- and of course I rust him, but a "guy's trip" makes me somewhat weary- shouldn't that be saved for a bachelor party?? Anyway, is it ridiculous for me to care? this is the first time anything like a trip has been mentioned. Does it make me just look insecure and jealous, or is there any legitimacy in me rathering he not go? Obviously I would not tell him to stay home, but like I said- it was just mentioned...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• if we could afford for DH to go on a trip with the guys then yes he can go as long as I can go somewhere too for a few days
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I meant *trust, sorry for the typo. Also to add- our daughter will be three then, and I have no family out here and I'll be working and in school in the summer-- but I used to be a single Mom (long story, he is her biological father but didn't know about her in the beginning) so he just used that "card" against me, saying I should have no problem handling our dh alone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Using a child as a "card" is low. If you all can afford it without using credit cards, I'd be saying bu-bye-bye & have fun. However, you deserve equal time away with or without friends. Make that clear. You'll probably enjoy the break from him. Everyone, with the exception of our country's military families I would think, enjoys some time apart from one another.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 12:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't mind at all if my husband went on a trip w/some guys. We've been married a l-o-n-g time and I could use the break. LOL
    I do believe it is only fair that he agree to your having a trip sometime w/your friends, also. As long as everyone remembers that they are married and acts accordingly. Some tend to forget. Just sayin'.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He has much more money than I do (as income and in savings) so HE can afford to go on a trip- I can't...and I asked if he'd care if I did- he easily said no, he wouldn't mind at all because he trusts me....I just don't like the idea, I don't know why...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have no problems with my husband going away for a get away with his buddies......but I trust him. I went out to Cali a couple years ago for a week with my girlfriend.......

Let him go.......then while he's gone make plans for your girls getaway! Go shopping, have a spa day even if its your own bathtub and 1/2 used scented candles burning on the bathroom sink. Ohh and eat out several times while hes gone lol. TAke a deep breath and let him go..... Its all about Trust.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Oh and by the way......when you got married, its no longer "his" money. Its our money. IF he can go for a trip so can you because its your money.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sorry, I would be pissed. Why? Because we haven't been on vacation anywhere since before our son was born and if he went on vacation without me, I'd be having some serious issues.

Now if we took vacations regularly, then no I wouldn't be bothered.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Well, considering my Husband spends all His time off with me and Our Son, and We have yet to go on a Family vacation..I would he quite perturbed. If We took vacations every now and then and He had more time off from work, then I wouldn't be bothered. It's all about circumstance for me.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No,that wouldn't fly with me. That type of thing is for single guys.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2011