What are your 10 year old daughter's favorite tunes and do you approve of them?

And is music one of the battles you choose to fight? There are so many to choose from with my 10 y/o music isn't one of them. She listens to some iffy stuff, I'm way more lenient with her than I was with her 21 year old sister. The 13 year old is conservative in her musical choices.

etown2reds

Asked by etown2reds at 12:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My oldest daughter just turned 11, and I let her listen to most of the music she likes. She likes Katy Perry(some oef her songs are o, but others I do not let her listen to), but usually most of her music choices are ok with me. And as you stated, I am into choosing my battles wisely.
    mom10763

Answer by mom10763 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My 10 listens to whatever I'm listening to. She likes Katy Perry, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas. Basically anything that comes on the top 40/pop station. They listen to it on the school bus. They kept singing the songs so I started listening to it, too (I usually just listen to country).
    My 4yo has more eclectic tastes. She was singing Joan Jett in the car the other day.
    And my 9yo son loves the Beatles, The Who, Metallica.
    As you can see we don't censor their music. They listen to what we listen to and if was released for Rock Band then they probably know the words to the song.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I was in the same boat w/my 12 yo dd. If you want to ck out any lyrics go to: http://www.azlyrics.com. If you want to ck out artist, etc. go to pandora.com. You may be as shocked at the what the songs 'really' say!!!!!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 6:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I let my 9 year old listen to just about anything. She like a lot of the popular stuff. I don't think she really thinks about the words to much. I am all for real life.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 9:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2011