sleep deprivation

my 8 month old has been sleeping through the night for at least 5 months. well tonight he decided to wake up at 1 and its now 4:40... and he is still up. i have tried everything to get him back to bed. will this mess up his entire schedule? im so worried that this might become an every night thing...

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 4:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 8 month old did this 2 nights ago!!!! I woke DH up at 5:30 and he took over and I got 3 hours before he went to work. She hasn't done it since, and she actually went to bed at 7 the next night! I think it was teething, she started getting her 3rd tooth the next day.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• its might it might not.... my daughter wakes up at that time it usually messes up her schedule. just try to put him back on his regular routine if it messes it up by keepin him up a lil more, it might make him mad lol but it happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I know I keep saying this but , check his mouth, he could becutting teeth. My 8 month old did this for a few weeks ago, infact those exact times. And after she started sleeping through the night I found she had cut 6 teeth. As long as you keep the schedule he was on and try not to let him stay up too much in the middle of the night he should go right back to the original shedule (if it is his teeth) after the teeth come through. Goodluck, I was exhausted by the time she went back to sleeping through the night.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 8:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would have to say no... just because the same thing happened with my daughter. She had an ear infection, and went right back to her normal schedule as soon as she got on her medicine.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2008