Good gft ideas for my toddler for Valentine's Day???

I have been thinking about what to get my 2 yr. old baby girl for this upcoming Valentine's day. I know the usual gifts.. candy.. stuffed animal... but I kind of want to make this a special day for her.. Just wondering if anyone has any great gifting ideas for a child her age? I am not the most crafty person but I really want to make her one of those netted canopy's for her bed? I haven't the slightest clue how to make something like that..hmmm

NewMommaNtown

Asked by NewMommaNtown at 1:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think yo should make it a day all about her you know do what she like to do,likes to, you just spend a day doing what she likes
    emmasmommy442

Answer by emmasmommy442 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks emmasmommy442.. I do know what she likes, I guess I just want the wow factor lol... I love love love the eyes wide, face full of excitement, huge smile she gets when she is thrilled by something.. It doesn't take much to make her happy but I really want that *special* gift :)
    NewMommaNtown

Comment by NewMommaNtown (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• aw youre too cute! maybe you two should go get cute pedicures or something fun like that then go out to lunch to her fav. place :) Make it a you and her day!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• LOL.. She loves to have her fingers and toes painted .. but I can't even imagine her letting someone else do it lol.. I literally have to have old jeans on.. or shorts.., a wipe in hand and I'm pleading with her to sit still the whole time so she doesn't end up with her legs painted pink instead of her toes! ROFL! Very, very, cute idea though!
    NewMommaNtown

Comment by NewMommaNtown (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think the best kind of thing to do with a 2 year old is making stuff for daddy. Thats what me & my son have been doing, Valentine's and different crafts, that are really super easy to do. Like, I painted his hand with red paint & pressed it onto a peice of pink construction paper, then painted a green stem, like a flower. It looks really cute. & I wrote 'Happy Valentines Day Daddy, Love, Brycen' on it. We also made a bunch of different heart garlands & other valentines. We're going to set it all up & decorate, make a big dinner w/ a bunch of candles we bought at the dollar tree, Spread out some of the fabric rose petals we got at walmart, and surprise him when he gets home from work on Valentines day. I have a bunch of easy crafts ideas if you want me to share just lemme know, Id more than happy to. It's fun to bake, and let them help out in the kitchen too. I think its the fun times they'll remember not the things we buy :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thats a good idea!.. and I would love it if you would share:) Really I just want it to be special.. that's the most important thing.. Ashlynn loves helping momma..with anything lol.. She tries to help with housework.. and even though she makes more of a mess than she really helps..I love it :) LOL I just realized that you must have been answering my question while I was answering yours lol..
    NewMommaNtown

Comment by NewMommaNtown (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2011