SO ANNOYING!!!

My bf is black and i'm a white, blond haired girl. We look so good together but so many people bring us down for it? Black girls especially! He's a great looking guy and they lovvve seeing him but when we're together I hear all the time "why dont you stay with your own kind" "wow he's with a white girl" "look at that white girl" ETC. Seriously chill out people!!! So ignorant!!! I really dont want to stay with him if this is how its always going to be! Its sad bc THEY are pushing us away. :( What should I do? & Has anyone else been thru this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't end a relationship over other people. The father of my child is black and I got a lot of sh*t from his ex's and friends for being the "white bitch" but I didn't care. I'm the one dating him, not them, so they can kiss my ass
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I can't say that I've been through this but I can imagine that it would get tiring to hear and see reactions from all of the ignorant people out there in the world. It's a shame that things are still this way for mixed couples. Keep your head up, girl. The people that treat you this way probably aren't worth having in your life anyway. Just be proud of yourself and your man. Good luck!
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 1:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• thats basically all you see black guys with today is white girls, so i dont know why it even is surprising anymore to people. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Lord knows people are haters by nature. Pay no attention to those comments if they are not about one thing it is another. It is sort of when you get a new blue car everyone seems to have blue cars, ya know? Color will soon be a thing of the past.....it's coming. Racism will be extinct some day. Promise.

blowing kissesMichelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Is it a problem for him? If he is dating you for you, and not for the novelty of dating a 'white chic', then don't end the relationship for others problems with it. If you ignore the comments, work on it, then sooner or later, you just won't hear them anymore. Or, you can make a joke out of it. Comment back, like 'what do you mean he's black!' or 'what do you mean I'm white!' and look at him and ask him 'why didn't you tell me?'. But let him in on it first. So you both can have a good laugh. Your relationship should be about the 2 of you, not anyone else. Unless ya'll have kids later on, but that's not now. Someone will ALWAYS have a comment.
    Years ago when we lived in Hawaii, this friend of a not-so-good friend said she didn't think I'd have such a good looking hubby. (not to me though). Uh huh. Ok, well...thanks for playing, good-by!
    Just sayin, don't have a relationship for others, have it for yourself and your SO.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You go on and on about his good looks. Why are you with him? Look at and focus on the person not the looks and the color.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think it's something that happens in every race/ethnicity. I am white, my husband is Hispanic. When we lived in Miami (predominantly Hispanic), I would get dirty looks and nasty comments from the Hispanic community; but more so the women. When we would visit Tampa (predominantly white), he said he would get dirty looks from white people, mostly men.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2011