What are the pro s and cons about vaccines?

I have heard that they have fermaldahyde in them and mercury...No way Im giving my baby that...but for the moms that dont support it how do you get away with school and stuff? And I just want to hear a little about it!!

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 4:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• there is tons of info!! Go to this group...it's very informational.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37382
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 5:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't go to any group on here about vacs. I suggest you talk to your pedi and NOT anyone on here because think they are Doctors. Or check the CDC government page. There are more risk to to your child by not giving them Certain vacs.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• that is not all that is in them there is alot more stuff that is not good in them. I went to a confrence and they told us how they are made. My son is not vaccinated and he is fine. I know that there are many of adults that are not vaccinated and they are fine. Message me if you want to know more.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I agree with the poster that said CM is NOT the place to get info on vaccines. Many of the moms on here who don't vaccinate are well informed, but many others spread rumors and flat out lies to scare people away from not vaccinating.  The effects of not vaccinating are considered more dangerous than vaccinating by all health professionals.

Talk to your doctor and do your own research. Keep in mind that just because something is posted online doesn't make it true.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• While I understand where you're coming from, I would NEVER send my kids to school without vacs!

That said, I did not allow my DS to have any immunizations until he was a little older. They will give them to your baby in the hospital if you don't refuse it. That and the cream on their eyes, not necessary. If you really want a pofessional to talk to about it, I would consult a midwife. MD's are all about the drugs.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 10:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Pros:
    Your baby *might* be less likely to get the (usually treatable) diseases you've vaccinated him against.

Cons:
    Your baby *might* be more likely to develop autism, or have a reaction, or even DIE.

I'll let you weigh the odds.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am a teacher and whooping cough is going around crazy at the school I work at. Lots of kids getting sick because parents send them in when they are sick. Because of this and me being pregnant, everytime a new case pops up, I have to go give blood. I am vaccinating my children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yes talk to your Pedi..they probably will not tell you anything about the problems with vaccinations at all...they probably dont even know.

Most vaccinations are unnecesaary....if you read about each disease and also prevalence you will come across the fact that most illnesses are not deadly and will disappear alone.

I would suggest reading some books on the subject. There are many informative books on Amazon. There is also I book by Mendelsohn called How to Raise a Healthy Child Despite Your Doctor. Despite its age it is very informative and has a brief section on vaccinations b ut goes through each illness to let you know what you can do as a parent if your child ever did get it.

I could sit here and list everything I have read but I think its best you do your own reading...because I will miss out all the research/information that goes with views (or most of it anywya).
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I immunize all my children. I have four children and I have only had one bad experience with it. My second child had an adverse reaction to the Pertussis of the DPT at his first immunization. He has since never received it, he only gets the DT now. The doctor said that he had an allergic reaction to it. He has been fine with all his other immunizations and so have my other children. I immunize my children because I am more worried about the diseases they try to prevent then to have to endure the diseases without any attempt to prevent and I end up losing my children due to no attempt being made. I would rather make the attempt and take a chance then to NOT make the attempt and still lose. JMO
    Gr8AZMom

Answer by Gr8AZMom at 11:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Vaccines are not proven to be safe or effective. It says that right in the pkg. inserts. I read all about each disease & then about each individual vaccine. The vaccines are full of toxic chemicals that are definitely harmful to a tiny baby with an underdeveloped immune system. Most of the diseases are easily treatable & certainly not deadly.

Please do your research & don't just listen to the Dr. There are plenty of Dr.' s out there who firmly believe in vaxxing but there are also plenty who are against it as well. You can always postpone the vaccine until you feel 100% comfortable with your decision. You can never take it back if they get the shot & have brain swelling or some other horrible reaction.

As for the schools, etc. - all you have to do is get a waiver. It is NOT A LAW or a requirement that they must be vaccinated even though so many uneducated people will make you believe that it is.
    poisson

Answer by poisson at 11:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2008