I could use some opinions on what to do

I'm 20 years old. I had my first baby when I was 16, He's now going on 3. I've been a SAHM since he was about 6 months old. I dropped out of school because we couldn't afford daycare anymore, and no one else to watch him (that we trusted). Anyways, We're not TTC right now, but have been talking about when would be the right time for #2. We're financially stable now, my husband has a good job & he also goes to school online. My son, Brycen, starts pre-school this summer. Which with the original plan, I was going to get my GED, and go back to school when he did. But now we're not sure if we should have another now, and I can put off school for a few more years. OR go ahead and go back to school and hold off on another baby for awhile. I think if we did hold off, it would be more hectic me having to leave work/school after I get on track with that. But sometimes now it bugs me that I haven't even got my GED or anything yet, and I feel like I rely on my husband most the time, which I dont like. Plus, I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, so there may be complications TTC, and it may take a few years to get pregnant anyways. (I've only had my period a few times since my son was born in 2008. Ive been on several medicines, but nothing keeps it going for more than a couple days. My ovaries are filled with a bunch of little cysts. My doctor told me we may have to do IVF when we do decide to have another.) Has anyone ever been in the same situation? What did you decide? & do you regret it at all?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i cant tell u whats best for YOU. im not familiar with the things you have been diagnosed with, but ive had issues, where doctors say it may be hard for me to have kids..i have a friend who was told this also for different reasons, & i definatley had NO trouble getting preggers. my friend either! but i know the best thing in life ive learned & accomplished is being very independant no matter what. u never know what life might throw at u. & its a beautiful thing to be able to rely on yourself if u ever need to . it would be a great idea to get your GED..that wont take forever. & if u want a child after, then do what u know feels right. but maybe even wait till u go the extra mile & get some schooling in 1st. they have short term classes where u can get certified in a number of things depending on what u want to do. this is a wonderful thing u can do to secure u & your childs future 7 not have to feel stuck if u ever are alone
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It sounds like to me that you really want to further your education and this is something that you should definitely consider as a priority for yourself. You are very young and can still have another baby after. This is also something I can tell you've thought long and hard about because you have weighed your options. I am sure that It WILL be twice as hard to focus on school when you have 2 little ones to take care of instead of one. I, myself am having a hard time taking online college courses and that is just with one 2 yr. old. I think you've already made your decision and that you know in your heart what you want. I am also sure that your hubby will understand that you want to better yourself for your family's future. I know you said he has a good job.. but honey, we all know how bad this economy sucks and it doesn't hurt anyone to arm themselves with an education and skills to pay the bills ;)
    NewMommaNtown

Answer by NewMommaNtown at 2:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My friend was 19/20 when she got married. In the past couple of years, she's had three kids. She went to school for one semester (she's a stay at home Mom as well)... well, it didn't work out. Then again, my Mom took my sister and I to college with her when I was four and my sister was two. It depends if you can handle it. You know how it is with a newborn. Wouldn't it be worth it just to wait another year just so you can at least get your GED? Time goes by fast, and I don't want you regretting not getting your education taken care of. I'm 24 now, expecting my first in April. I just started going to college last year. I wish I finished sooner (it would have been a lot less stress). So we're late bloomers, but what's stopping us? Even with having a newborn, I'm going to find a daycare or something because I know my education in the end will help with my family. I love my daughter, and I know it's going to be hard to trust some
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• body else to help take care of her, but my future is entwined with hers. If something happens with my husband and his job, what would we do? Ya know? Think of those sort of things. Stuff happens, be prepared. :) Hope this helps!
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I say go for number 2 lol
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i would say at least get your ged or diploma first, so that you have it. and then it's up to you if you want college or baby first
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 6:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011