my hair straightener died..

has anyone used a comb and hair drier instead? i dont want to buy another straightener and i get to go out for a date night tomorrow.. first time in a month...

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'd freak out without my straightener. I even keep a backup one around. I haven't ever had any luck with just a comb and a blow dryer but my hair is pretty wavy and tends to frizz. I bet if you put some sort of product in your hair to help straighten it and blow dry it in a downward motion that it would turn out looking good though.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 2:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• IS your hair curly? I would use a brush instead of a comb. A round brush is the best for smoothing. Also, hold your blow dryer at an angle instead of straight on the hair as you brush it in the direction you want it to lay. It eliminates frizz. Also, any kind of oil or serum will help give you a smooth and shiny finish.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• rock on thank you bears.! my hair is wavy too and super thick. i need all the help i can get. it litterally takes like 30 minutes + to do it. i wait that strainer that works crazy good the first time!!!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• man i hate when that happens! it devestated me..so i bought a backup. lol. imm ready!! lol. but if u use a brush & keep brushing while u blow dry it should work. it does for me, but my hair is fine. it only works for me if i do it right away, when its stilll wet. & u can use products to help it along
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If it were me I would just go to a salon and hae them do it or buy another flat iron. I jave a CHI and it's still like new. It's 5 years old and I use it at least 3 times a week.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• your best bet if you cant afford another one ,( they have really cheap ones at walmart and target) is to get a round brush preferably with boar bristles and blowdry you hair straight that way....i have thick wavy hair and it works for me , except you have to do it the right way...look online for tips on straightening with a blowdryer
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 6:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have curly hair and I never use a straightner to straighten my hair. I always use a round brush and a hair dryer. I section my hair and I use the round brush, putting it under my hair and blowing the hair from the top. I start at the back of my head near the neck and work my way to the crown.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2011