Has anyone wondered about where all of the advocates for those with A.D.H.D have went?

I have been trying to get one for 7 mos now with no luck. My son and I are on a very tight budget and cannot afford 100.00 an hr for help.

turjenn

Asked by turjenn at 5:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I feel your pain. There weren't any around when I desperately needed one and I ultimately had to hire a special ed attorney instead.

Have you posted this question in the ADHD group? Maybe someone there can help.

Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My 10 year old DS also has ADHD as well as ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) which makes it twice as hard sometimes. You should talk to his teachers and guidance counselor because children with disabilities (and ADHD is a proven one), because there are a lot of services available that parents aren't aware of. IDK what kind of insurance you have, but I think that most of them have mental health services. You might start with with them first. You could also talk to his pediatrician and see what they recommend and they might be able to give you a referral. Hope this helps some.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008