How will our relationship change...

once the baby comes? It's our first and I want to be prepared as possible. My husband is afraid that I'm not going to pay attention to him anymore. How can I prove to him that this will not change my love for him? It hurt me when he said that, but at the same time, I know it's different once kids come in the picture.

How did you and your significant other make it work when the baby came? Thanks guy!

soulmeetsbody19

Asked by soulmeetsbody19 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was 16 when I had my 1st, so I wasnt really sure what to think lol, but my (now husband, bf at that time) was awesome with our baby. Which I didnt expect at all, because before I had gotten pregnant he was the typical teenage boy, video games, cursing, running around with friends.. Then after our son was born he was by my side 24/7, helping me with him, he pretty much done everything the 1st couple nigths because I was in a lot of pain. Every guy is different. If he has already had feelings about your going to be paying more attention to the baby, then most likely he will feel that way when it arrives. Or, he could be so focused on the baby, he'll forget all about it. You never know. But newborns do sleep a lot, so there will be plenty of time inbetween naps to spend with him, just make the time count. GL & Congrats, hope everything goes well :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Make sure you keep the marriage number one. There is nothing better you can show your kids than loving each other. Have a date night at least once a month, if you can. Work together on everything. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I always say if both people want it to work, then it will. Since I've been with DH we have never been alone. I came into the relationship already having DS who was 9 months old at the time. And at 10 months old we found out we where gonna have baby #2 together. Even after 2 kids that are 19 months apart I feel like we've kept things going pretty good. Like I said if you and him want to work, then it will. Good luck!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011