What is the longest you've stayed with 1 hair stylist? And what keeps you going back to them?

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 2:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I actually cut my own hair, cause Im the only person who can get it just the way I want it lol. Usually if I go to a salon, they do a different cut from what I wanted, or mess it up somehow. So I quit going all together. After about 6 months, I had a fit with my hair, and just decided to do it myself, & I was actually surprised it turned out awesome. (so was my hubby) & ever since Ive done it myself. & its not as hard as it seems. I just part it in sections acroos, then part those sections into little sections, and cut one at a time. (if that made since lol)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I used one lady for 7 years but stopped after she was getting too dang nosey. I like for stylists to either keep their mouths shut or talk about my hair. I really don't want to talk about my personal life or anyone else's!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Oh and what HAD kept me going back to her was her talent for cutting hair. She was really good. She cut my mom's hair and dad's hair and I guess she felt like she could just say and ask anything she wanted. It just wasn't worth it to me anymore. I'm still searching for a stylist that I can go to every time.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree on the whole "getting too personal" I only talk about personal things if THEY volunteer it. I'm actually very surprised at the information people are willing to share with me when they sit in my chair. LOL Jessica..that is TALENT girl...I can't even cut my own hair!! Good for you! :)
    mamastyles

Comment by mamastyles (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mamastyles, will you be my stylist? lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• the longest i had one hair style about 5 or 6 years. and mostly i was jus busy with school or a baby to care too much to do anything other than a ponytail. thank god my baby is now a toddler and i can do more to myself each day. :)
    DaiquiriMarie

Answer by DaiquiriMarie at 5:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• never! ive tried many times and cant seem to find a good stylist , they always seems to do the complete opposite of what i ask for. Its a miracle i go to them at all, i only go when i need a trim .
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I've been with my stylist for well over 10 years. He's great; I just sit in the chair and he does basically what he thinks will look good. He mixes my hair color and changes it with the seasons and respects that I like long hair. So when he gives me a trim, that's what it is. He's very accommodating to my schedule and he's a great listener!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I went to one for about 10 years before moving. She was great! Reasonably priced and did exactly what looked good on me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had the same hairdresser for a few years because she was my best friends mom. i liked her skills too, but usually I just kind of hopped from hair dresser to hair dresser
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011