finding friends for my kids

Okay I have 3 kids and my older 2 are taught at home. This really is very nice, but I have been looking for groups or people to get together with. More social activities. We live near Lancaster\Rock Hill area, but I am willing to come to Columbia.

mustangmoma

Asked by mustangmoma at 3:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• We don't live near there, but have you looked into things like Scouts, a sports league, or if you go to church, their youth group? Those are all really good ways for kids to meet other people and make friends. We move a lot, and my kids (now older teens) have made a lot of friends through those 3 places.

Also, if there's a community college or a YMCA near you, they will both often offer classes and stuff for kids for special interest stuff.

Good luck :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• What about town leagues in sports or other activities? Call your town offices or chamber of commerce for ideas.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mama, please add your state to your post - since this is a world-wide site, and most of us have no clue where any of those towns (I'm assuming those are the names of towns, anyway) are - not to mention, there's more than 1 Columbia in the US, and more in the world. Thanks mama.
    Anonymous

• look for sports activities/clubs in u area
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• These are great ideas. Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• hmm... get involved in after skoo' activitiesz... girlsz love choir.!
    BlackMomma88

Answer by BlackMomma88 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• skoo' activitiesz

really?

i agree with the scouts! it is sooooo much fun!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011