Tiny red bumps

Tuesday my mom watched my son and fed him some mango baby food that I had forgot about in the back of the fridge for about a week. Tuesday night he had a fever of 102.8. Wed. morning he was a little warm and by the evening he was fine. Thursday I noticed a few tiny red spots on his face, but no other symptoms so I just figured it was baby acne or something. Yesterday he got up and they were every where. They are about the size of a pencil lead, and just slightly raised. He still doesn't seem sick otherwise. My MIL seems to think it's the measles. What do you think? He's 10 months old, and does not go to day care or anything around other kids, but my 6 year old is in 1st grade, but doesn't have any of these bumps.

Sammieanne

Asked by Sammieanne at 6:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be allergies (my baby had a similair reaction to something in the yeard). There's also a rash that shows up after the fever breaks. It's harmless. I think it's roseola or rose something. When dealing with rashes, it's best to let the doc decipher.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i say take him to the dr.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• there is a virus called roseola. my son had it he had a fever for 3 days and a rash for 3 days.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• oh only babies get the rash.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• SEE A DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Babywinx

Answer by Babywinx at 11:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Has he ever had chicken pox? That is what it sounds like to me .Has you older one had them? If not chicken pox have a two week incubation period! so if you wake up in a few days and she has them then you will know for sure.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 4:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My son had the same thing i freaked out and the Dr said everything was fine, i would still call and double check.

But if the baby food was open you should NOT use it unless it is with in 48-72 hours bacteria grows. A week?
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yeah I know not to use the baby food, I forgot it was in there because it got shoved to the back and my mom was watching him and found it and fed it to him. he has an appointment today, I asked this Sunday when his DR. wasn't open. The phone nurse said it sounds like a viral rash, so I guess I will find out today.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008