Should I go to the doctor?

I'm pretty sure I have the flu. This is the first time I've ever had it. Would it be worth it going out in the cold to go the dr? Can they give me anything for it?

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 4:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• Depending on how long you have had it, they can give you Tamiflu and it will knock the flu right out of you. I would give it a shot.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• They really arent going to do anything for you unless your temp is really high. All you can do it sit it out =( But Nyquil is my best friend for things like this. You need plenty of rest, and Nyquil will not only help you with the aches and pains, and will help you rest but not make you fall in to such a deep sleep your not aware of anything. Trust me it helps! Hope you feel better.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• They'll pretty much tell you supportive care. Rest and drink plenty of fluids. They might be able to write a script for meds to help with other symptoms, though (congestion, cough, etc ...) I don't go unless I've really been sick for >1 week.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I never go if I know it's the flu. Theraflu works wonders. Get lots of rest and fluids, you'll be fine.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• theraflu n ck soup
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011