Has anyone felt like you've been pulled down?

I've been married for 2 years now almost and in all honesty, I was happier when I was single. My husband is really pulling me down. I have gained a lot of weight since I got married, I am being lazy and depressed. When I was single, I was thinner, happier, gone out more, enjoyed life, exercised more, ate healthier. We've had a lot of problems in our marriage, we got so close to divorce but backed out. I have a baby with him and even when he's just at work, I seem to be doing so much better without him - I feel happier, freer, I want to do more things, I am happier with my baby, playing more, etc and generally, feeling happier and stronger without him, I know I can do more things. He's really pulling me down and depressing me to the point where I don't wanna do anything knowing he's around. Has this ever happened to any of you? If yes, what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think it's fair to blame others for how you feel. You can do something about it. If you are truly that unhappy with him, why don't you just call it quits?

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 7:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You can still exercise and eat helthy regardless of being married. Is counseling an option? If not, you need to decide what you really want and make it happen.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Is there a reason for this? Does he suck out the oxygen in the room when he shows up?? Does he talk down to you, abuse you, or is he just to much of a couch potato for you?? There has got to be a reason for this and I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I wonder where I'd be if I never married my ex because I know the road I was on and taking. Skinny outgoing and all the above. Everything was good, we had three children together that we both adore, and then it got to where I was not happy with him at all, Shopping etc., to fill that void, BUT it was also the vibs I got in him not being happy as well and I knew it. We both knew it. Find the source of the problem, when you do maybe you both can work on it and fix it, or just call it quits
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Well, I wouldn't make a decision right away....everyone knows marriage isn't always easy, there are ruff patches. What is he doing when hes home. Like what I mean is whats he doing to make you feel so strongly about this?
    nat375

Answer by nat375 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I can't say that my man or marriage did it, but I definitely fell into that hole myself. My advice to you is do all the things you listed above. Go out, exercise and eat healthier. Not just for you, but your baby! I'm sure once you are happier and doing what you want your dh will follow! If not, then you will rise from this and if he's not willing to change and make things better, you will leave him behind.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• MY EX WAS LIKE THAT, HE LITERALLY DID SUCK THE AIR OUT OF THE ROOM WHEN HE WALKED IN. i WAS MUCH HAPPIER AFTER WE DIVORCED, EVEN THO i WAS POOR AND ALONE THEN, LOL
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2011