How do you moms feel about facebook closing down

On news weekly the owner of facebook is closing the site on march 15th because it has gotten him in trouble and taking over his life.but if he keeps in going it will cost us 0.99 to get on and for one profile photo and the price goes up if you add a friend or and profile. What do yall think.for me it has gotten out of hand because it turning into a pornsite and a site to bully and bash others.but i would hate to lose contact of all my out of state friends and family

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Technology

• lol I couldn't care less if FB crashed and burned. Believe it or not, there was life before fb. There are emails and Twitter and all of that to keep up with ppl.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• first, it would not be the end of the world. There are countless other was for people to keep in touch.
    second, it isn't true.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 6:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I haven't heard that yet ...? Just discovered fb for myself, but don't get along with it so well. It IS nice because friends are spread all over the world. But I won't pay for it. And like SweetLoveOfMine said: There'll be some other network to turn to.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/closure.asp

Hoax.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I Mark Zuckerberg had a penny for everytime someone said Facebook was closing down or that they would start charging, he would be a very rich man. Oh, wait....he already IS!! Nevermind.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It would not matter to me although I do love connecting with friends from all ove the world,  As everyone has pointed out there are other ways to stay in touch with people.

I might do more research though because I believe this is just a rumor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/rumor-facebook-closing-storms-web/story?id=12575856

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I did not even know.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I believe this to be a hoax.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 7:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Rumors like these are always going around. If it ever did close, it would be inconvenient since I mostly use FB to keep up with family and friends who are out of state, but I would find a way to go on. ;-) Probably another social networking site would just take it's place. Not even including CM, Facebook is the third similar site I've been on. I've reconnected with more people on FB than any of the other sites I've been on though, so it's the most effective one IMO. If they ever really started charging money to useit, I wouldn't stay on it. I don't think they will, because they would lose too many people. I'm sure they make plenty with all the advertising on the site.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011