Did you know: The principle of washing hands is TO CLEAN THEM. ?

You're washing your hands first, then dry them off. ... A lovely illision that got busted after getting married and having kids... I don't know how you ladies feel about this, but I honestly thought towels could never really get dirty. (Yet need to be replaced after a while.) 

I doubt my family understands the principle of washing. Why else would there be grey-browninsh handprints on the towel? And they're not only tiny-toddler one's. No, also big "See-I've-spend-all-day-in-the-workshop" paws.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Get him some Lava soap. It tends to cut thru the grime that gets trapped in the skin. Or some Goop.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If you are sick of having to clean the towel that often, put a roll of paper towels by the sink or someone makes a box of disposable hand towels, I am not sure who, that fit a towel bar or sit on the counter. That way everyone gets a clean towel.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• lol yikes. We don't have that issue in our house because I am extremely germ-conscious. I've taught dh and the kids well. I replace the hand towel every other day because of the germ build up. If someone is sick in the house it gets replaced daily. Washed in hot water and with detergent. I also have the towel bar over top of the register on the floor so that it stays dry for the most part because moisture is where germs breed. I only wash my hands with warm water and turn the faucet off with my wrist. Then I put sanitizer on my hands after I dry them, being careful to not touch my wrist on the towel. We also place a sanitizer bottle on the table at restaurants to use after touching menus and ladles at a food bar.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We did an experiement in biology in college. We put this stuff on our hands that you could only see under a black light. Then washed our hands and checked to see if it was gone. You have to spend a significant (meaning way more than most do) washing your hands to get all the dirt and germs off.
    We also did another experiement later on to look at the difference between dirt and germs. Soap and water gets rid of dirt and germs. hand sanitizer only gets rid of germs, not dirt. But you have to wash hands well to get the full dirt and germ fighting power.
    Its also important to note that when you use hand sanitizer and germ killing soaps you are killing ALL the bacterias, even the good ones. Some of those bacterias are good for you. Proof: When taking antibiotic for ear infections, many women get yeast infections. why? Because they killed off even the good bacteria
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• im with first reply
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I hate to see grey on my hand towels...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 6:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011