im sick of feeling like this... # vent#help...

its soo horable i would have never thought id be depressed i have gotten what i wanted and needed in my live like im so glad that me and my man got together for a startis and now we have a baby 10months old im a first time mommy and would have never ever thought id be depressed in this situation!!! like seriously .. im happyu on the inside but the out i just look so down and miserable at times i jsut wonder what my man thinks sometimes.. hmm well its like when me man k=joks around and most people would laugh about it i just cant laugh if i do is a put on lol but i smile and stuff,, i guess we have came a far way a pretty long way actually and it was a bit stressful at the begging but now hmm jsut had to vent please help i wanna feel better again i have been on antidepressents for about 10 months now and this is bullshit i have been up on 30s mg on me fist antidepressents then thought id try a different one cause didnt seem like they were working as good as the doc said and that didnt work then went back on the same meds and thpought well mabie i just need to go up more on the meds what do u think????? hmm please help what you think p.s im a young mommy just thought id add that if that matters or not but yea hmm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It could be postpartum depression. But, if antidepressants are not working, it's not depression. I was on them, several of them, for years. They didn't work. I saw a different psychiatrist, in a different state. He just looked at me and told me they didn't work because I wasn't depressed, I am bipolar. He put me on a med for that, and I feel much, much better. If you are not seeing a psychiatrist, you should. And a good therapist.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sounds like postpartum, there are sooooooooo many different meds out there now. Maybe ask to be bumped up on the mgs. I was moved up to 60mgs and it worked! I was horrified to get on anything and my doc let me know what I was bumped up to was nothing compared to what some are on, the same meds I was on some where taking 300-500mgs. So it is all in just what your body needs I would think. I would have a "good" converstation with my doc ask him about bumping up the mgs., if it doesn't work maybe a second opinion wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think if you were bipolar you would have experienced this way before having a baby. I had postpartum for a year, I know my doc said it can last in women up to 2-3yrs. and some never get over a little bit of that depression, and it can be harsh. I know someone I went to school with, his first wife shot herself because she had it BAD...it is nothing to play with. Talk to your doctor....
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011