baby wheezing

My 5 month old developed a wheezing sound last night. He has no cough, no fever, infact isn't even remotely sick. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. Its when he breathes in and not all the time. Does anyone know what this could be so I could research it more?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• I've never known that to happen. I would call the dr asap.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Congestion in the nose.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Wheezing is a sign of asthma. Call the doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It could very well be upper respiratory noise. Acid reflux could definitely do that. Your doc will be able to see changes at the back of his throat that would support this. Also, is he starting to snore? That is pretty indicative of reflux, too.

You may need to see an ENT, but it's pretty common.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Could be croup. It can sound like wheezing and starts in the middle of the night. Check with the dr to be sure. Hope he feels better.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• depends on where the wheez is coming from. could be in his nose. baby's can't blow their own nose. how is the air in your home. is it very dry. u can try squeezing a drop of saline solution up his nose to clear it out. he/she will cry and wont like it but it will clear out all that yucky mucous and make it easier to breathe. but if you're really not sure take to the doctor. always better to be safe than sorry.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Call the Dr. right away. Sounds like your baby needs an Albuterol treatment. Or may have the early signs of Croup.
    HeatherJane1

Answer by HeatherJane1 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He's been snoring since he was born, his nose was a little clogged, and now he's stopped making the noise.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If this was going on at night and stopped during the day I would really think croup.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011